boat building (OT), was "Re: 2 questions on tuning pins"

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:30:43 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>:
> I'm saving all my tuning pins. Maybe some day I
> will build a sailboat that has concrete ballast. The tuning pins will go
> into the concrete to dramatically increase density.

I'm guessing that many piano technicians are also boat builders. I just
got interested in building wooden sail boats, and am having fun planning
my first project. Does anyone have any projects they'd like to brag about?

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc, Long Island - Nassau

P.S. It's not completely off-topic to know who the boat builders are on
the list. If we have any epoxy questions, we'll know who to ask!