Dales "Suggestions for Topics"

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:33:51 +0100

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> In the vein of encouraging piano related topics perhaps
> we could all post suggested topics we'd like to have discussed ,like
> asking for suggestions for a chapter technical. Marcia Davis and I did
> bridge layout and notching for ours last month. Something we were both
> doing at the time in shop. Other possible topics of interest  I could
> offer currently 1881 Stwy C total rebuild. It's extra long front
> duplexes. Now there's a hot topic,  Its tonal outcome or the merits of
> cutoff bars on this original designs. Installing a Stwy Style leg,lyre
> music desk retrofit kit from Decals unlimited to the C. Or how to
> shellac a bridge top to accenuate and protect the maple top with epoxy
> or shellac. Currently shellac. To shim or not to shim boards.

A fine suggestion Dale. You wouldnt happen to have a digital camera
would you. Perhaps you could even go so far as to adapting your
technical to the list. If you need some space to put up pictures
temporarilly, I can provide up to 4 megs of net accessable space.

While we're on about it, I wouldnt mind hearing some suggestions for
fixing chewed up feet for Steinway Grand legs. School piano and they
dont want to change legs. But the castor mounts are all mucked up. I
suggested these square metal brackets and epoxy for fill. Not
particularilly elequent but functional. If anyone has a pretty and
inexpensive fix I'd like to hear about it.

>  Thanks
>  Dale Erwin

Cheers!

--