Dales "Suggestions for Topics"

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:01:35 +0100

We believe this is a New York C actually. Buts its been rewhatevered so
many times its really hard to be sure. Its pretty shot actually.. but
they just love the thing and simply will not part with it...

Ah yes.. the legs. Straighforward S&S legs. Black...was once high polish
I think. Nothing fancy about the case except that the noteboard was a
pretty thing at one point. The bottom 4 - 5 inches of the legs are
ripped apart, and the castors were barely hanging in there having been
rescrewed into what was left of the mounting holes by the janitor a few
times. The back leg now is in the same shape after they trollied the
thing over a doorstock or two a few times, but the front two have been
repaired.

Said repair is done by use of a square metal jacket attached to the
bottom of the legs, filled out with epoxy and sawdust mixed. When dried
and painted, new holes were drilled in the underside to reaccept the
castors. Functional, inexpensive... but not particularilly beautiful.

They wouldnt buy new replacement legs so this is what we ended up with.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.