1906 Steinway Upright

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:02:56 -0600

1.  I know this is a toughie, valuing old pianos, but this is an S&S =
after-all (and la-di-da). What kind of prices have y'all seen for old =
Steinway uprights, typically, if it is:

   A.  Unrestored but playable and no serious problems, minor veneerial =
disease ... OR

   B.   Rebuilt and refinished.

2.  Is there any reasonable way to remove a Steinway double flange =
assembly, hammer, and butt without disassembling the whole action?

3. I love the little "C" shaped spoons that curve around the wippen =
flange screw!

This is the lady who said this piano was given (wow!) to her mother 40+ =
years ago. But she doesn't really like it and hardly ever plays it. =
Might want to sell .... any interest out there?

Anyway, the kind of answer's I can get to the value questions will =
effect how much income is in this piano for--to quote the inimitable =
Miss Piggy--Moi.

Thanks,

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO