Negative Affects of Coastal living on a piano

MoodyPianoInc@aol.com MoodyPianoInc@aol.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:39:35 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2002 6:28:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JIMRPT@aol.com writes:

> Lanie...don't you guys live in South Dakota??
> If so then the reaction of the pinblock is very typical of pianos which
> have
> spent their youth in a humid climate and then move to a 'much' drier
> environment.........
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim,

Nope...I'm out east in Massachusetts so really not that far from Rhode Island
but far enough inland that I'm sure the humidity is a bit lower.  But I I'm
not sure if the drop is drastic enough to really cause these problems.  My
main thought was that it might be the corosive nature of the salt in the area
near the ocean coastal areas.  But I wasn't sure and so I thought I would
pose the question to all of you.

Thanks,
Lanie