humidity drops, pitch goes up?!

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:37:48 +0000

New one for me:

Here in the midwest, it's common to see all the pianos tuned over the summer
needing pitch raises now, as the heat has been on for awhile and the
humidity has dropped.

Petrof 7' in a church, I'm reasonably sure that I'm the last one that tuned
it on 6/8, where the humidity was around 45%.  Just went there for the xmas
tuning, humidity was under 30%, but the piano was 10 cents sharp........
kinda chilly in there, around 64 degrees - anyone out there care to hazard a
guess?  No D/C system installed.

Beats me

Ron Koval