Humidity Quick Zap

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:02:56 -0400

Hi Tommy,
You will have to be more specific, as to "sticky".
Different reasons, would require different fixes. i.e. corroded centre pins, wood actually swelling, because of dampness, tight bushings, new piano or old.
Regards,

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bigeartb@aol.com
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 6:46 PM
  Subject: Humidity Quick Zap

  Friends:
        Is there a product that will immediately remove moisture or shink bushing on sticking parts and free them up. What is it?    Garfield Pin Block Restorer...WD-40....Alcohol/Water....Lacquer thinner... Is alcohol/water an immediate solution or do I wait several hours or days. Are there other, better products? What are they?
       I WANT TO FREE IT UP...SLICK IT UP...TUNE IT UP AND THEN WORRY ABOUT THE DAMP CHASER LATER. I WANT IT 'FIXED NOW'. The question is....is this possible and how?
  Thanks for your help and wisdom.

  Tommy Black
  Decatur, Ala.