Sticking Key Problems

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 06:13:50 -0500

Hi Harriet -

I serviced a Charles Walter studio not too long ago that had a few
sluggish jacks that needed re-pinning - Protek didn't work sufficiently
to give me confidence the sluggishness would not reappear.  If you
carefully establish that the keys, whips, hammers and dampers all are
free moving, by all means check the jacks for freedom, and consider the
possibility of the spoons digging into the damper lever felt.  Also that
there is sufficient clearance for the jacks to get back under the butts
and that the catch isn't too low.

You'll find it.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com