Half moon spoons

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:30:59 -0500

At 10:07 AM 12/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>  Maybe I missed it but how does one (or two) regulate these adorable
> spoons? Strictly out of the piano? I have had no luck with benders
>
>Mike

First, you would adjust the dampers to lift evenly.

Measure the distance from the edge of the hammer rest rail to the damper head.
Remove the stack and wedge-out the damper lift rail until your reproduce
that measurement.

Lift each wippen and adjust the spoon to lift the damper when the hammer is
at mid-blow.
For actions with wooden damper lifters, adjust the screw on the lever. (The
damper wires
would have to be judiciously timed to allow for the narrow margin of
adjustment with the screw).

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.