Epoxy Repair to bridge top

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:00:14 -0600

>   I was planning to ream the holes with the apropriate size bit and drive
> in a new pin. The reason I've avoided this process in the past has been
> because of the untidy out come of sticky epoxy ever where a s I'm pushing
> bridge pins into it and having it come gushing out everywhere and trying
> to clean it up.
>          Dale Erwin

Hi Dale,
I put the new pins in the original holes with epoxy in one shot. No
pre-filling, cure, and ream to fit. The gap filling properties of the epoxy
take care of the fit. I've already got the bridge top flattened and
re-notched, and the pins more likely push in rather than having to be
driven. What driving there is usually is to even the pins up at finish
height. Dry brush cleanup takes care of what oozes out. Alternately,
installing pins dry and CA from on top soaks in and solidifies the cap and
the interface between cap and pin.

In this case, if you've already filled the holes with epoxy - now cured -
there isn't any place left for more epoxy to soak into, so you're probably
better off putting them in dry after reaming to fit.

Ron N