broken plate

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:33:46 -0800 (PST)

Very sad. Very very sad. If it makes you feel any
better, the University today placed one of my finest
pianos, Victorian Everett, in excellent condition,
( which they had borrowed for their Xmas program )in
front of big, sunny, plate glass window. Veneer popped
loose, beams and soundboard cracked. Oh well. Nothing
lasts forever.
     I am sure you are wondering why the plate
cracked. I have no idea, of course, but would like to
recommend to everyone to remember to snug all plate
screws in old pianos prior to pitch raise. Maybe
someone else can be spared a similar tragedy.
     Thump
P.S.Maybe call some wholesalers, see if they have a
similar plate. Or put ad in journal.
--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>