Epoxy Repair to bridge top

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:30:18 -0600

>To all who drive the pins in wet,do you brush the excess onto the top and
>redag or what?

Yep, top and notches, then Dag - or not.

>Is it just left glossy or what?

A quick pass with spray Mclube knocks off the gloss in the notches and
lubricates the top, Dag or not. Or Dag top and a satin varnish sanding
sealer brushed on the notches. Yes, it's soft, but why would it need to be
hard?

>          At this point ,although I'm going to more work, the satin rubbed
> epoxy top and notches allows for a quarter sawn visual extravaganza, it
> looks stunning and functionally it's harder.

It sure does, and it sure is.

>     P.s. Hey What about re-plating the bridge pins at the platers to
> increase the diameter a thou. or so. In some cases it would eliminate the
> epoxy. Same idea as no 3 and 1/2 tuning pins now sold by piano tech.

Interesting thought. The plating could be a harder material too. I wonder
how it would wear, and how it would react to filing the tops (if you do
that). Where are those oversize Titanium bridge pins when you need some?

Ron N