those pesky swings

Bigeartb@aol.com Bigeartb@aol.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:17:43 EST

Alan & Wim;
     The guys at Schaff tell me that Garfield pin block restorer has a drying
agent that can be used on bushings swollen from too much humidity. I don't
know what this stuff will do to a tight bushing but I'm going to try it.
Protec releived all my problems, freeing the flanges immediately, but it
didn't last. I wonder if your 8 to 10 swings will continue or gradually
re-tighten and slow down? I'll bet the latter will happen. I'm first going to
try this alcohol/water trick (vodka) and stablize the bushing then determine
if I should re-pin. I'm also going to try this Garfield trick.
     If you guys try Garfield, please let me know. I'm going to try this
stuff on swollen bushings to see if it will shrink them as Schaff says it
should.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.