Schimmel upright damper pedal squeak

GirlPianoTuner@aol.com GirlPianoTuner@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:44:35 EST

I need some advice on eliminating a squeak from my customer's Schimmel=20
upright, serial #332199. =A0 This will be my second callback on the problem.=
 =A0=20
At first, the noise seemed to be coming from a bit of debris between one of=20
the spoons and the lifter rod, but a few hours after I left, the problem=20
recurred. =A0 I went back and once again tried to isolate where the squeak w=
as=20
coming from. =A0 At first, it sounded like it was near the pedal rod to acti=
on=20
connection, but then it seemed to be at the pedal itself. =A0 I took the ped=
al=20
bracket apart and lubricated the pins and tightened everything down. =A0 The=
re=20
seemed to be some space between the pedal rod and the plastic bracket=20
allowing some movement, but not enough space to insert even a thin cardboard=
=20
punching. =A0 I thought I had really found the problem in the metal ring tha=
t=20
connects the pedal and trap lever. =A0 I lubricated every moving part I coul=
d=20
find with either Protek or Prolube. =A0 I played the pedal about 400 times,=20=
had=20
the customer play a couple of songs, and the squeak was gone. =A0 We were ve=
ry=20
relieved. =A0 Yesterday, two weeks and one day since my last visit, the=20
customer called complaining that the squeak is back. =A0 I would appreciate=20=
any=20
and all advice for my appointment with her tomorrow either via the list or t=
o=20
my email account, LadyPianoTuner.com.=A0 Thank you one and all.
Sincerely, Robin Flint, Hull, MA=20