Buzzing Caster

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:59:50 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01C2A684.962B28E0

I used a bumper jack, cut it to an appropriate length, put a pipe over =
it (from a muffler shop) and made a jack just for that type of use.  =
Then remove each leg, one at a time.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 7:48 AM
  Subject: Buzzing Caster

  Tuned an c 1905 S&S O yesterday and the piano is buzzing badly at the =
casters (two of them).  Small shifts in position do not rectify the =
matter and I am convinced that it is due to freely moving ball bearings. =
 I am wondering about solving the problem by repacking the bearings in =
grease.  Will they be accessible when I remove the caster?  And how =
easily will the caster come out of the socket?   Will it be necessary to =
lay the piano on its side or could I do this by blocking up the piano =
one leg at a time?  I have never considered doing this as a standard =
rebuilding procedure but it might not be a bad idea.

  David Love
------=_NextPart_001_0017_01C2A684.962B28E0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01C2A684.962B28E0--