Haines Bros. sq. grand./1880 ?

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:06:20 -0600

Today I went to see if I could improve this wonderful instrument.
Customer said that the pins were OK because the piano has been
kept up alright. This 24 year old fellow, very bright, works in the film

industry locally, bought this piano for $1200.00 . Well , the pins were
so
loose I thought I might be able to turn with my fingers. Absolutely
brutal
piano. Tried to tune a little, but a little was all you could do. Spoke
an RPT friend locally, and I suggested that this might be a good
candidate
for a CA treatment. He thought I should stear clear of it altogether.
Probably
good advice. The dampers were very ineffective. Wondered if  a V type
damper
would work somewhat better ??  Curious as to what the list members
think.

Carl / Winnipeg