Nose Bolts

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:59:59 -0800

All,
A little trick, I've used for several re-whatevers, with nose bolts. Take
the nose bolts completely out. Determine the proper drill size and drill all
the way through the beams. Clean the nose bolt threads and apply bee's wax.
Cut a slot in the tip of the nose bolt to accomodate a long screwdriver
blade. This facilitates adjusting the nose bolts from underneath the piano.
Of course you will need an assistant to watch the dial indicator on top.
Actually, I do it by myself, but an assistant is better. This sure beats
trying to get a wrench in/around the underside of the plate to adjust. <G>
Best Regards & Happy Holidays,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)