3 gorgeous 1890's Knabe uprights for sale, unrestored.

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:47:20 -0600

>... Only one of them, a 1904 B that was restrung, could hold its own
>against your run of the mill 1950s Baldwin Acrosonic - although this
>B also has a poor killer octave area. A couple of mine are from the
>20s, but the rest are from the mid 1940s to the mid 1970s. And let's
>not even get into the Mack-truck actions...
>Terry Farrell

I have read your generally, salty comments throughout this year with
regards to Steinway & Sons products. Personally I consider this type
of statement above, and so many of those others, bordering on nothing
short of what appears to be a deep-seated grudge. Why I don't know.

 From my viewpoint you've got real issues with this particular
subject. I'm certain you're a fine person overall and likely excel in
many areas of the piano world, however, I can't digest these potshot
comments of yours anymore.

And somehow making light of it after two others' more decidedly,
relevant posts just doesn't seem to cut it for me. After at least a
year of being reminded of your disdain for their products, I have
truly lost the desire to take the chance on reading anymore of them.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731