Rentals and other contracts

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:37:03 -0500

Greetings fellow entrepreneurs,
         I have recently come into possession of a lovely little blonde
Baldwin Hamilton studio. While I wouldn't mind selling it for some quicker
cash I remember a discussion some time ago about setting up a lucrative
little rental business to generate repeatable income.
         I have been approached while tuning in a nursing home about a rent
to own situation and thought I would ask if any of you have 1) any
experience with this kind of thing and 2) any standard contracts or such
that you might be willing to share. I was thinking about having some sort
of agreement where the other party would pay for moving up front there and
back (return could work toward purchase if they ultimately bought it) and
bi-yearly tunings and repairs. This would just about cover what I have
invested in it right now so if something went awry I'm not out anything.
Also is there any service you use where you check on credit worthiness or
criminal records and such? I've heard of them on the internet but quickly
used the delete key as they didn't apply then. Have you found that to be a
necessary thing to check or is it even worth the time? If something went
wrong trying to get the money I'm owed seems like it would cost more than
it's worth.
         While I'm on the subject are there any other sources for similar
contracts for rentals, rent to owns, or even rebuilding contracts or
proposals that you like or have good experience with? I'm tired of shooting
from the hip with this stuff or making it up as I go along. Seems like
there should be a better way. Perhaps a template sort of thing, sort of a
fill in the blank.
         Finally if there is anything that I might be overlooking, don't be
bashful. I'd like a clean start for this coming fiscal year. Perhaps a more
professional look and feel to the operations as a whole.

Greg Newell
Lakewood, Ohio
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net

P.S. Anyone ever try uniforms? If you did, what was the reaction? I've
thought about it from the tax write off standpoint. Clothing can be quite
an expense!!

G.N.