Cents to Hertz Conversion Chart

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:44:21 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: December 23, 2002 11:33 AM
Subject: Cents to Hertz Conversion Chart

> A couple of things. First to Brian: 50 cents flat is not a Semitone but
> rather a Quartertone. Second, being an olde fart, I much prefer Cycles Per
> Second! Hertz is one of those Phd thingies that explains absolutely
nothing,
> IMO! (another scheme to Metricize (is that a word?), the good ole U.S.of
A.!
> Best Holiday Wishes,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>
> Been There, Didn't Like It, So I'm Here To Stay! [G}

And a scheme which is long overdue. Even the country that invented the
ridiculous Imperial system of measurement has abandoned it and we should
bloody well join them. It was a stupid system to begin with and it remains a
stupid system today.

But I do agree with you about the cps/Hz thing. Especially since it has
nothing to do with the Metric system of measurement.... I still catch myself
automatically typing cps from time to time. My brain may know better but my
fingers kind of run on by themselves.

(And a Merry Christmas to you and Barbara, Joe....)

Del