New Tuner

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:24:03

Hi Chris,

And I can categorically state that you *can* learn to tune aurally by using
a "machine". It depends on the willingness of the student as you so clearly
state.

There was even a Mac program that trained students to set temperaments, and
practise unisons as well as octaves.. Unfortunately this program has never
been updated so it runs on only a very few Macs. I'd love for someone to
write one for windows--now that it is possible to do so.

I believe Mark Anderson was the creator of the program.