Dem earsl versus ETD

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 08:53:12 -0500

At 01:15 PM 12/26/2002 +0100, Antares wrote:<snip>
>time/energy factor can hardly be denied and don't forget that all employed
>tuners here in Holland are obliged to do 6 tunings a day (according to the
>agreements between the employers and the unions).
>6 tuning a day including travel time.

How can it be dictated to tune that many pianos per day? What business is
it of theirs?
How do you fill the quota if the calls do not come?

>I have done this for many years and those were my toughest years and they
>gave me speed tuning, experience, knowledge of a wide variety of piano makes
>but also boredom, fatigue, stress and serious physical complaints, the more
>so as I am an older tuner, and in 'them olden days' a tuner had to tune 7
>piano's a day (and before 'them olden days' even more on the Saturday).

For all those reasons, tuning had become a burden. But now it is stress
free and
somewhat fun again.

Thanks for recommending such a fine tuning machine.
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com