Aural versus ETD tuning training

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:39:37 -0600

>Just how do you go about following behind another technician?  Do
>you wait outside their house and follow them to their customer's
>piano, then ring the door afterwards to check out the piano?...;-]

That would be stalking, I think.

>I'm not sure I ever have followed another piano technician close
>enough to determine how well the piano was tuned.  How long does
>that "perfect" tuning last anyway?  Couple hours?  Couple days?
>
>David I.

I have - a couple of days. She called the evening of the afternoon it was
tuned, and I got her in as soon as I could. This has happened with both
aural, and ETD tuners. I can often tell who the last tuner was a year after
the last tuning by what remains. It's easier to do that with an aural
tuning, naturally.

I always found it much easier tuning when I follow (but not stalk) myself.
Otherwise, I have to re-train the darn thing.

Ron N