Samick pedal problem

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:03:35 EST

I have a new client who owns a small Samick grand which has wobbly pedals.
Two of the three pedals move from side-to-side.  Now, I've never had to take
a lyre apart and do such a repair, so I'm not sure what I'll find inside
there.  I'm confident that I can fix the problem, but I'd rather do it one
visit if I can.

Anyone familiar with this problem on Samick pianos?  Will I need to replace
the pedal brackets?  Does anyone know where to get replacement pedal brackets
for Samicks?

The Schaff catalog offers three pedal brackets:
 #2587 metal with nylon bearins, two separate pieces for each pedal
#2582 cast iron, one piece for each pedal
#2588 nylon, description says "suitable for use on most vertical pianos"

In fact, all these look like they are "suitable for use in vertical pianos,
so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

There is also a Pedal Bracket assembly, #2586 plastic bracket assembly, a
complete three pedal one piece assembly.

Suggestions, tips, or thoughts on what I'll find inside this Samick?

Thanks

Tom S