Samick pedal problem

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:35:09 -0600

Hi Tom,
             Once you disassemble the pedal box, you will probably find a
clamped axle type of construction. There is a piece of folded over felt
that has been graphited, and clamped over the axle.  That felt wears fairly
easily, and causes the problem.
The Phillips screws are a bear to loosen, and is best done with a socket
set, make sure you have the right size bit, or you will end up in chewing
the screw head., (then you have some real problems.)
Replace the felt with a firm thick woven bushing felt. Melt paraffin  wax
into the felt so that it is saturated.  Make sure the clamp is good and
tight. Factory fix.
Now my fix. I use  Denim, yes as in blue jeans. It seems to be way more
durable. Back check leather also works well.  The key is impregnating with
the paraffin wax, to greatly reduce the wear.
Regards Roger