PTBiz/PocketPC

Roy Peters roy.peters@mindspring.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:07:13 -0500

List.
Season's greetings to all of you.
I have been using PTBiz.  In general it works well for me. The only
problem is that my schedule is kept on the calendar in my laptop. Like
many of you, much of my scheduling is done via the cell phone while out
doing tunings. When someone calls to schedule an appointment, I have to
turn on the computer and wait several minutes for it to boot.  For this
reason, the idea of going to a PocketPC is appealling. It's not only
smaller, but there is no boot time, right?  The
reason I haven't done so yet is that I am not sure how I would use it
in conjunction with PTBiz.  I would still like to use PTBiz since all of
my customer database is there.  I talked to Ed Winslow(PTBiz)a few weeks
ago, and he
said that he was thinking of writing a PocketPC version this winter,
but has yet to do so.  His suggestion was to create reports in PTBiz,
import them into Excel, and then transfer those files to the PocketPC.
At least I would have the information available.  The calendars would
not be in sync, however.
Are any of you already using both PTBiz and a PocketPC, and if so how do
you make them work together?  Ideally, there would be a way to sync the
calendar in PTBiz with the calendar already in the PocketPC.
Thank you.

Roy Peters, RPT
Cincinnati, OH