Aural versus ETD tuning training

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:42:02 -0800

If anyone believes that, then they probably also believe that the home
computer has "diluted" the "craft" of writing, or doing our bookeeping,
taxes and all the other mundane things that we used to do by hand.  Come on!
I haven't had to use an "eraser" or "white-out" in years..and that's a GOOD
thing!
Howabout this comparison: Would you feel more confident with a suspicious
looking airline passenger being simply "patted" down and having his suitcase
contents eyballed and shuffled around, or would it be better, in addition,
also having him/her and the baggage put through a high tech scanner,  that
can see and detect what might be missed or overlooked by even the most
devoted employee?

Terry Peterson

>And this from one who believes,
>that, by and large, the ETD has diluted our craft...
>David Andersen...

You must have me mixed up with someone else, David. To the best of my
knowledge, I have aired no concerns with ETDs' diluting the piano tuning
department.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731