dinners in Holland

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:59:58 +0100

antares wrote:

> > RicB wrote :
> >
> > American piano techs dont understand the word Union Andre'.
>
> And why not then? There are a number of strong unions in the US?

Yes...grin.. well none of them have anything to do with pianos, and even
the notorious teamsters are not what they once were. No... Unions were
never really an American thing... not in the same sense they were over
here me thinks.

> >Besides...
> > what I want to know is what Dutch Piano Techs eat for Christmas ?
> >And New Years for that matter.
>
> Well, you know, I must remind you that I have been a veggie for over 30
> years, which means that I no longer am aware of what the average meat eater
> will devour on Christmas and New Years.
> But I suppose they eat what they usually eat in the US : Turkey, ham, roasts
> etc. and God knows what other kind creatures moving around with paws and
> fins  (;>))

 Dont forget pads and peds... There are no doubt a few insect eaters
amoung us ! :)

> You wanna know what I ate?
> I had friends over for the evening for whom I made a cheese soufflé with
> shitake mushrooms inside as well, string beans fried with almonds, a salad
> of rocket salad and escarole salad with pear and my own secret dressing
> which makes 'em mew  (;  accompanied with some delicious bottles of red
> Bourgogne and 'fab' ice cream with espresso's and cognac.
>
> You hungry now?

I'll be there for New Years Dinner !!!

> Antares
> The Netherlands