Aural versus ETD tuning training

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:01:26 -0600

>... Can others tell me how long they take?
>Thanks Jack

I see a slight problem in asking this, since each piano dictates
whether a single, double, or even a triple pass are needed, let alone
potential repair/regulation activity that might exist.

Are you interested in the *actual* time of physically doing the
tuning (how many passes) versus walking in the door, formalities that
ensue, breaking out the gear and setting up, then doing the tuning
with no interruptions.

Then packing up, collecting for services rendered, the bon voyage
amenities, and then out the door.

For the latter it varies from one to one & half hours. For the former
I don't know myself just how long it really takes.

Now you've got my curiosity up. Guess I'll have to start timing some tunings.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild