Tuning Time

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:26:09 -0700

Hi Speedy Sideways Bill,
And my newest hammer may be a little faster yet <G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SidewaysWell1713@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 7:57 PM
  Subject: Re: Tuning Time

  In a message dated 12/29/02 6:47:44 PM Central Standard Time, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

    I use Verituner and I usually take between 45 - 60 minutes to do a =
normal
    tuning at a comfortable pace.  The variation often has to do with =
how well
    the tuning pins render.  I can certainly go faster if I need to and =
make a
    point of it for institutional type of work.  When I was tuning =
aurally I
    took a good 15 - 20 minutes longer.  For a concert or recording =
studio
    tunings I usually take more time to do an additional pass, maybe 10 =
- 15
    minutes.  The key to speed is hammer technique.

    David Love

     =20

  I'd say I agree with this on every point.  While I may spend as much =
as an hour on a 3 pass concert tuning, I have my ordinary home tunings =
down to 35 minutes for 2 passes.  I usually think that I can use an ETD =
and get it done faster but when I'm really in a pinch, it just slows me =
down.  Experience, perception and technique are all keys to speed.
  Bill Bremmer RPT
  Madison, Wisconsin
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-