tuning time

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:18:10 -0600

>... Do you know if the 5 minute tuning/pitch correction was close enough to
>pass the PTG test? Or was it checked in that manner?
>Don Rose

First question: no, I don't. Second: Don't know the criteria for
checking either. Never thought to ask such a thing. He indicated he
practiced for sometime lowering 100 cents, raising 100 cents on the
same Acrosonic before doing the Guinness thing.

Just the ability to do such an act is quite astonishing. That's
manipulating each tuning pin at an average of 3.41 seconds per pin.

My understanding is that it was a passable sounding tuning. But PTG
80% minimum standards ... doesn't seem likely possible from where I
sit, but you'll have to ask the man himself.

He a straight ahead individual, all the way.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild