Generic EBVT Tuning Chart

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:37:23 -0800

You mean C8 at +200 cents???  The last time somebody asked me to tune =
something that sharp it became clear that they were stone deaf above C7.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SidewaysWell1713@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 29, 2002 6:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Generic EBVT Tuning Chart

  In a message dated 12/29/02 7:08:19 PM Central Standard Time, =
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

    Hmm? Interesting Chart. The only thing I can say, is if I had to =
listen to a
    treble stretched that far, for more than a minute, I'd totally lose
    it!!!!!!! Yikes! Why do some tuners insist on stretching the SH)(^&% =
out of
    a piano, to the point of radical dissonance?

  The point is, Joe that you do not have to do that if you don't want to =
but I have reasons for doing it.  I don't always stretch that much and =
sometimes I stretch even more.  As radical as you think it may be, I =
know of people who will stretch 4 times that much.  Yes, you read it =
right, FOUR times that much.  I would characterize the amount shown as =
"moderate".  I have one customer who would not pay me unless I "got it =
up quite a bit more than that" (no pun intended).  To each his own (also =
no pun intended).

  Happy New Year.

  Bill Bremmer RPT
  Madison, Wisconsin
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-=20