a happy coincidence

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 07:08:23 -0600 (CST)

Hi List - And Happy New Year--

I've just had one of those weird things happen that occasionally occur in
this business. It's nothing great, but enough for a frisson up the spine:

I'm in the process of restringing, rebushing, rehammering, redampering a
beautiful old Heintzman (#5761). As I was cleaning the last key after
bushing, (A0) I noticed the signature on the side of it.

P.O. Leary
31/12/87
Regulated

Now, I started working on these keys yesterday (31/12/01) and am finishing
them today. How nice to know exactly what was being done to this piano 114
years ago! And, out of 365 days, this is the one on which I found the key.
Thank you P.O. Leary for your signature!

Cheers,
Clair

--
Clair's Piano Service