Polyurethane Finishes on pianos

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:58:05 +0100

Hello,
As I understand what you said here it is an oil based varnish that you buff
before applying a new coat of finishing (may be black French polishes on
this ?)

Am I correct, and if so, why do you use 'rubber' ? I thought it was with
foams or cotton that we can buff this kind of finish.
Or does rubber mean something else ?

I had sometime good results on a refinishing with a cellulosic French polish
that could be use on an existent finish (oil based) assuming the precedent
was decontaminated, buffed and clean.

But I don't know how to have black French polishing. What kind of tint do
you use ?

Thanks.

And an Happy good year to all.

Isaac OLEG

> I'm at present working on a
102 year-old 6'7" black grand.  At least