Bridge Repair Advice/Terry

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:40:49 -0800

Terry,
First of all, we do not "grind" the bridge down, while in the piano. We
remove the bridge, take it to the shop and manufacture a new cap. (ie pull
pins, measure, measure, measure, set up the band saw, slice the old cap off,
glue up a new cap, install it, drill it, notch/bevel it, finish it and take
it back to the piano and install it. SIMPLE <G> as that. However, I have
done a few in the piano w/the plate etc, intact, but what a pain in the
rump!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)