Epoxy

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:15:38 +0100

Hello, David.
The name can be "stratification epoxy system" . I bought European epoxy you
surely will not find

The consistence is  in Brookfield , mine was 600 +-100, with a 50 min pot
life , takes 5 days to be hard.
Different hardeners can be used on mine, giving different viscosity.

I used it to reinforce an old cap on a little grand, was 3 years ago, worked
fine.

it really dripped in the wood. This epoxy is used for marine works (surf,
boats) and planes. Ask for the specification regarding the shore and the
elasticity modulus of the product.
I may admit I am totally unsure of how it will hold in time. My cap was not
broken, just the little habitual cracks.

I washed the excess with acetone and inserted new bridge pins. Did not like
the mess of washing the cap , but it was not so hard.
May be some graphite can be added in the top coating, but I doubt it will
allow for a really good string rendering .

I wondered that if string rendering is poor, if that does not conduct to
bridge roll condition sooner or later ?

What do you think ?

Regards.

Isaac OLEG