Epoxy

Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:57:43 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: January 03, 2002 4:36 AM
  Subject: Re: Epoxy

  Hi Del. What adhesive do you use to glue up laminations for bridge =
caps. Do you also make vertically laminated bridges? What adhesive =
there? And finally, regarding graphite on bridges - do you put anything =
at all on the bridge top? Do you just leave the wood (maple?) bare? =
Thanks.

  Terry Farrell
-----

We will be making vertically laminated bridge bodies for the new grand. =
(It will still use horizontally laminated caps.) And we've considered =
doing so for a couple of the S&S models we do frequently, but as yet =
have not.=20

We use an adhesive called MPA II (it's a commercial version of Titebond =
II, the biggest difference being that it does not have the strong yellow =
color) for both.=20

If we're leaving the bridge caps bare they are just that--bare. =
Occasionally we will coat them with Clear Coat.

Del