Ron N's cutoff bar (was Piano Rims (rambling post))

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 22:55:10 -0600

>Ron,
>I'm having trouble picturing this.  I looked at Del's sketch again.  You say
>the longest bar goes from belly rail to rim.  But the rest of the
>description makes
>it sound as if no one bar goes from belly rail to rim.  As I'm picturing
>this the
>cutoff bar is not one piece but two or three pieces end to end approximating
>a curve stretching from belly rail to rim with cross pieces going from the
>intersections of the cutoff bar pieces to the rim.  Is this correct?
>
>Phil F

Sort of, but they aren't end to end, but branching. The first one is from
belly rail to straight side, the next from somewhere in the middle of the
first one to the straight side. Sometimes there's a third from somewhere in
the middle of the second one to the straight side.

Ron N