Query/Mark Allen Piano

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:50:04 -0500

>    This may be pure gossip, but I remember my friend telling me that he was
>supported by a Scientology institute and they had  parted ways.
>     I too had wondered what happened to him and his pianos.

That makes sense actually.  The record album that I quoted liner
notes from in my post was recorded at the Delphi school in Oregon.
That is, or was, a scientologist school and Chick Corea is a follower
of L. Ron and his merry gang.  The back of the cover also has a small
picture of Chick playing the piano.  The only thing about the piano
you can tell from the picture is that the name "Mark Allen" is
written in huge letters on the treble side.  Probably twice or three
times as large as Steinway ever dared.

chris

--
-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.