Piano moving

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:02:46 -0700

imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 7:12 PM
  Subject: Piano moving

  List,=20
  I would like to start a discussion on piano moving.Maybe tricks of the =
trade.For instance,does anyone have a good way of getting the dolly =
under a old upright,=20
  without having to manually lift one end.(by hand) I have used a hand =
truck,and then leaned it back down to the floor,to raise the end up.I =
have thought of having a longer piece welded on the hand truck so it =
would lift it up high enough.I also quit using my ramp because of the =
weight,and the piano can roll sideways on it.I have gone to alumiumn =
channel,which is very light,and the piano cannot roll off the sides of =
it.I have a Wells Fargo trailor made,just for moving pianos.It has a =
higher entrance on the back, for pianos at an incline,on a skid board.It =
has the E track system,for securing the piano.It has been much better =
than the truck,because,the height of it is is much closer to the biggest =
majority of the porches I have encountered.Also, the weight is a lot =
lighter,so you can go across customers yards,without the danger of =
sinking in as bad.Look forward to the tips.=20
  Thanks,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20
  P.S.=20
  Don Valley got me started putting the grand on the skidboard,which is =
already on the dolly.No more lifting the skidboard for the dolly.With =
proper technique,it works great,and reducing major hassel.Great tip!=20