Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 09:54:02 -0800

Hmmmm. Seems to me that the visible wave represents one aspect of wave =
motion and the actual sound we could hear if we stuck our heads =
underwater would represent another aspect of the whole induced motion =
thing.
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JIMRPT@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 9:33 AM
  Subject: Re: Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

  In a message dated 06/01/02 12:12:06 PM, RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

  << >    In the case of the piano string, with the obvious caveat that =
a=20
  string=20
  >is not three
  >dimensional as is the pond, similar, analogous events occur to a =
point. ">>=20
  RB

  <<"Etc, etc... Yes, we know.">> RN

   Wait Ron don't give up so fast doesn't a string move up/down....side =
to side=20
  and expand/contract?   Don't I count three here? Besides the pond =
example is=20
  not "three"
  dimensional" it is uni-dimensional,i.e.  Radiates in 'all' directions=20
  equally...just because we don't 'normally see the waves under water =
doesn't=20
  mean they are not there...................

  =20
  =20