Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:27:54 EST

In a message dated 06/01/02 1:00:42 PM, josephspiano@attbi.com writes:

<< Hmmmm. Seems to me that the visible wave represents one aspect of wave
motion and the actual sound we could hear if we stuck our heads underwater
would represent another aspect of the whole induced motion thing.

Joseph Alkana  RPT >>

Well Joseph there is that too...but if there is anything to be disturbed
in/under the water it will be disturbed as the energy, i.e. wave, passes it.
If you have ever done any snorkeling or diving you have seen this many times
I am sure. Clearest examples, and probably best known, is are the Kelp beds
on the West coast they sway back and forth with the water motion caused by
energy dissipation of many sources.
Jim Bryant (FL)