Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 13:15:07 -0600

> Wait Ron don't give up so fast doesn't a string move up/down....side to side
>and expand/contract?   Don't I count three here? Besides the pond example is
>not "three"
>dimensional" it is uni-dimensional,i.e.  Radiates in 'all' directions
>equally...just because we don't 'normally see the waves under water doesn't
>mean they are not there...................

I'm not giving up anything Jim, because that isn't the point. However many
directions a string goes when it vibrates, it either moves the bridge in
the process or it doesn't. I say it does. The other 70,000 words and side
trails are incidental to that question, which is why I keep trying to drag
it back to this fundamental concept.

Ron N