Baldwin acu-just hitch pins

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:28:24 -0600

Howard,

There wasn't any kind of strict humidity control in the Baldwin factory,
at least in the section where the L was produced. The building was
air-conditioned during the summer; and, during the winter, huge
humidifying fans were used to keep the belly and finish sections above
35% rh ( fire hazard, you know).

There was a separate building area for the SF's and the SD's. It was kept
at a constant 23% rh.

So as long as you keep your shop in the so-called 'comfort zone', that
is, 40% to 60%, you're probably alright.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charles Faulk

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:12:59 -0600 Howard F Jackson <hjackson8@juno.com>
writes:
> Dear List:
> Can anyone tell me what relative humidity was maintained at Baldwin
> when
> the soundboard is glued up and installed in a grand?  The piano I'm
> working on is a Baldwin L built in 1978.  Want to try to set
> downbearing
> with RH in the shop approx. the same as when originally done as in
> Baldwin's instructions, or does anyone want to throw in some
> suggestions.......
> Thanks to all.
>
> Howard
>
> Howard Jackson, RPT