Petrof mute bar

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:13:03 +0100

J Patrick Draine wrote:

> Petrof experts,
> A customer has called complaining that her recently purchased Petrof
> upright's practice (middle) pedal mute bar is not engaging. I don't
> recall the exact setup on the Petrof, but do remember thinking it was a
> bit odd (ie not exactly the same as more familiar Yamahas or older
> American uprights).
> Any helpful hints as to why this one has disengaged, and how best to
> prevent it in the future?
> TIA,
> Patrick Draine

Petrofs use a very simple arrangment. Probably either the dowel that
connects the moderator to the pedalwork is disconnected on one or the other
end, or the pedal itself needs adjusment. I have seen the felt to loosen
from the moderator rail (bad glue) and also have seen the rail mounted less
then perfect.

The biggest problem with Petrofs pedal work is most often creaking and
cracking and buzzing noises. Take your usual tools along and some
lubricating materials, perhaps a bit of diverse felt if you dont usually
carry that with you. Dont expect any big problems. Good luck !

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.