AW: bridge repair clips

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:49:45 EST

In a message dated 1/8/02 3:43:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, patullo@gmx.net
writes:

> I talked with another in town and he recommended a repair clip that
> attaches to the bridge. Unfortunately, he is gone for the winter and I
> didn't ask him where to locate this clips. I looked in the Schaff book
> and one from Player Piano Co., but they don't carry them.

Look in the APSCO (American Piano Supply Co.) catalog under "Agraffes, Bridge
Repair."

That said, the only use I have found for them is when one note splits out at
the end of the bridge, or at a cut; and that only on an old, decrepit upright
that is not worth doing a better repair to.  I would not attempt to use them
on an extensive repair like a whole bass bridge.  They greatly increase
bearing on the notes where they are used.  There are two types:  one uses a
screw to attach, the other has pins that go into holes drilled in the bridge.
 Don't bother with the screw type.

Bill Maxim. RPT
Maxim Piano Service
212 Newpark Place