North hudson soundboard closure

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:48:15 EST

.          Greg

   At this point in time our sources for soundboard panels are limited.
Bolduc is the largest supplier of panels which is canadian eastern type
spruce. I have recently seen  The Geers people advertising Sitka panels. Nick
Gravagne is doing the board in a box (so to speak)  duplication service which
if this is your first go round I would suggest that. The only new supplier is
again Roseland Piano--Rick Wheeler Portland oregon. He is also the only one
providing tongue and groove boards which is far superior IMHO to the standard
butt jointed board. John Hartman and Ted Samble make their own boards this
way but for their own use of course.
    Also IMHO Sitka is the board of choice to me because of its superior
strength to weight ratio which provides such excellent impedance propertys
for sustain, power and longevity.  Rick finally has a good supplier of Sitka.
Get em while they are hot.
  I previously used soundwoods who supplied me with the nicest looking sitka
panels up till the time a year or so ago when they too went out.
               Dale Erwin