Understring felts- looking for different colors

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:52:10 -0500

Phil,
Thanks for the leads. I'm getting tired of the scarlet red look. I was
hoping the supply houses also were getting tired of the same color.
I'll look into the Fletcher place.
Tom Servinsky,RPT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip L Ford" <fordpiano@lycos.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: Understring felts- looking for different colors

> Tom,
> I haven't noticed that you got any responses.  I've seen colored felts
mentioned
> in Fletcher & Newman's catalog but I haven't ordered any of it from them.
If you
> do please let us know about the quality.
>
> http://www.fletcher-newman.co.uk/
>
> Phil F
> ---
> Phillip Ford
> Piano Service & Restoration
> 1777 Yosemite Ave - 215
> San Francisco, CA  94124
>

> On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:35:31
>  Tom Servinsky wrote:
> >List
> >Could anyone out there provide some sources for different colors of
stringing clothes and felts. In particular, the green under string felts
found in many of the British and German pianos are quite nice. Are these
available on the open market. Scarlet red is fine and dandy but finding many
customers have requested a different color is possible.
> >I've experiemented with dying the felt by hand but find the felt changes
it's firmness, especially with the pressure bar felt.