Pushing the pedal to the metal

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:01:38 -0800

I got a request from our dealer to go check on a piano with a player
system that was sold in mid December.  The customer was complaining
about some kind of pedal problem.  I install a lot of player systems for
them and sometimes the pedal solenoid will make a little noise and needs
adjustment so this is what I was expecting. When I arrived I asked what
the problem was.  The lady looked at me very worried and said....  "When
I push this pedal the whole keyboard moves!!!"

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV