Windows XP (hOT)

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:00:13 +0100

Hi Phil, and others..

I just installed Windows XP and have absolutely nothing but good things to say about
it so far. Havent had one crash yet, and the only thing that is lacking is the fact
that not all the hardware companies out there have gotten relavant drivers finished
and available for download.

Security issues I have read about are largely overstated for the home computer, and
in anycase can be addressed by taking the appropriate measures we have all had to
take all along. Most notably the use of firewall protection in the case of DSL like
connections, and a good antivirus program in anycase.

I dont think we have got to the point where we need to worry about that webcam
turning itself on yet. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.